1. Statement of intent From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services may include newsletters, competitions, "Alert Email", live chats, message boards and Rainbow Acre Stables (future referral is RAS) membership.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the Rainbow Acres website and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. The RAS website will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Any information that is supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better service and assists us to analyse the profile of our visitors. For example: if on a previous visit you went to, say, the nutrition pages, then we might find this out from your cookie and highlight nutritional information on a second visit.
3. What is a cookie? When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows.
Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user.
NB: Even if you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse our site anonymously until such time as you register for RAS services.
4. Use and storage of your personal information When you supply any personal information to RAS we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. Any information you provide to the RAS will only be used within the RAS company and by its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside the RAS without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to RAS or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on RAS, and the RAS considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, the RAS people can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behavior. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behavior.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of RAS membership you no longer wish to continue your registration as a RAS member. For safety reasons, however, RAS may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of RAS services such as Member Messenger for a period of six months. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other RAS services (eg competitions), that information will be held only as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you are notified on the RAS site that your information may be used to allow the RAS to contact you for "service administration purposes", this means that RAS may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We will not contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services on RAS unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
5. Access to your personal information You have the right to request a copy of the personal information RAS holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge $25 for information requests.) Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, RAS. (e-mail: email@example.com).
6. Users 16 and under If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the RAS website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Products, statements, services & techniques are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease nor are they intended as a substitute for medical or veterinary care. They are dietary supplements or for informational purposes only.
2005 - 2018 Rainbow Acres LLC All rights reserved.